What is Recreation Master Plan?
The High Prairie and District Recreation Board has initiated the process of developing a Recreation Master Plan (RMP). The Recreation Master Plan is a joint plan being developed by the Town and County to guide future planning and development of recreation programs, services and facilities for the community. Once completed, the RMP will establish a shared community vision for recreation, and serve as a cooperative framework for Town and the County in making key decisions and strategic investments in the area of recreation to promote health living and welling for residents.
Where will the plan focus?
Geographically, the RMP will focus on the area of shared interest between the Town and the County, with projects located within or around the Town of High Prairie that benefit both Town and County residents. The plan will address important issue such as:
- current state of recreation and user appraisal;
- gaps in programs, services and facilities;
- challenges, opportunities and constraints;
- future projections and needs; and
- funding issues and partnerships;
What is the plan process and where are today?
Currently, we are engaging residents and stakeholders to obtain their input for the plan.
How can I participate?
There are a number of ways you get involved, including:
- Completing a short online survey for residents at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/rmplan by September 18, 2020. The print version of the survey is available at the Town/County Office and Seniors Drop-in Centre.
- Completing a stakeholder survey (for organizations, user groups and other stakeholders) by September 18, 2020.
- Channeling any additional comments, suggestions or questions through the contact information provided below;
- Attending Open House on the draft plan presentation (TBD)
- Supporting and participating in the implementation of individual projects and initiatives resulting from the final plan.
For more information
- Visit the Town/County website for detailed project information
- Check the Town/County Facebook Page for regular project updates
Thank you in advance for your participation!