Do you know someone in Big Lakes County who has been involved in activities long-term that provide a benefit to your community, bring credit or distinction to your community or enhance life in your community and whom you believe needs to be recognized for their long-term contributions? Such activities can be in any area of community service, cultural activities, recreation, civic service, youth work, or community promotion. If so, then you should consider nominating them for the Big Lakes County Wall of Fame.
Guidelines for Nominations
The purpose of the “Wall of Fame” is to recognize individuals or groups in our communities who have made the greatest all-round contributions to citizenship. We appreciate your interest in the support of this important award. The names of all nominees will be kept confidential and only the nominees selected by the committee will be announced to the public.
Who can make a nomination?
Any group or individual may submit one or more nominations to the Big Lakes County Wall of Fame Selection Committee.
Nomination forms can be picked up at the Big Lakes County office and all FCSS outreach offices in the County. Forms must be filled out completely in order to be considered by the selection committee.
Who can be nominated?
Candidates or groups who are within the geographical area of Big Lakes County who meet the eligibility criteria listed below. All nominees must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- Involved in an activity or activities that are voluntary in nature and are not part of the candidate’s occupation or job description.
- Involved in activity or activities that provide a benefit to our community, bring credit or distinction to our community or enhance life in our community. Such activities can be in any area of community service, cultural activities, recreation, civic service, youth work, or community promotion).
Keep in mind that:
- You do not have to receive permission from a candidate in order to nominate them.
- This award can be given posthumously.
- Nominations become the property of the “Wall of Fame Selection Committee”
When is the award given?
The award is given out in June at the Big Lakes County summer barbecue. At that time the winning candidate(s) will be recognized and added to the Wall of Fame at the County administration building in High Prairie.
What is the deadline for nominations?
Nomination forms must be filled out completely, signed and returned to the selection committee by Wednesday, May 19, 2021.
Nominations can be delivered in person to the Big Lakes County offices, or mailed to the following address: Big Lakes County – Wall of Fame Committee, Box 239, High Prairie, AB T0G 1E0