“I am a proud member of the county and am raising my family here. I truly love living here and think it is an incredible place to live, raise a family and operate a business. I have been operating my business for the past 18 years here, and my husband is a 3rd generation farmer in the county. I want to grow our community in a positive way and encourage others to move here and do business here.” – Jodi Sware, A Thousand Words Photography
Lucky for you, Big Lakes County is home! Or it could be, which is an exciting prospect. Residents of Big Lakes County know the benefits of living here. Here are just a few:
- quality rural lifestyle,
- recreational opportunities and ice time,
- lower than average housing costs,
- connection to nature and community,
- summer and winter activities on the lakes and trails,
- provincial parks and conservation areas,
- modern healthcare access,
- post-secondary education,
- cultural diversity,
- top folk music festivals, gun shows, and rodeo events,
- a young and creative entrepreneurial group that is growing,
- a good ratio of average salary to cost of living, and
- no traffic, which means more time for family and hobbies.
If you’re interested in statistics, please visit our Townfolio Profile or the Alberta Government’s Economic Dashboard. Of course, numbers don’t capture the great feeling of living in Big Lakes. Contact us anytime to learn more about life in Big Lakes County.