Big Lakes County's Finance team is a part of the Corporate Services department.
The Finance group is responsible for financial operations and administration, including safeguarding the municipality’s financial assets and performing fiscal planning to ensure the continued stability of the County’s financial future.
The department provides financial reporting and control and is responsible for the implementation of financial management policies. Some of the department’s responsibilities include:
- Providing proactive financial leadership and service to support customers’ needs and preserving the county’s financial health
- Implementing Alberta Municipal Affairs reporting requirements and accounts for tangible capital assets and segmented reporting
- Managing the county’s external grants payable program including coordinating with local community groups
- Financial reporting, general accounting, purchasing, inventory, and billing and collection of property taxes and utility charges
- Managing investment, cash and debt portfolios, payment processing, and banking relationships
- Implementing, maintaining, and supporting corporate information systems and technology needs
- Coordinating, preparing, managing, and reporting annual budgets and financial plans
- Providing payroll and benefit services and accounts payable services