Family & Community Support Services Home Support Worker
Part Time Contract
Enilda - High Prairie - Grouard
Reporting to the High Prairie FCSS Community Outreach Worker, the Home Support Contract Worker is responsible for assisting senior and disabled residents of Big Lakes County and the Town of High Prairie with light housekeeping. This contract requires you to have a safe and reliable vehicle to travel to lakeshore communities and rural areas; pays $20.00/hr plus mileage.
Education & Experience
- Cleaning experience
- Experience working with seniors and disabled clients is an asset
- Current class 5 driver’s license
- Provide a current criminal records check including vulnerable sector
- Provide current 5 year drivers abstract
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
Working Conditions & Physical Environment
- Physical job requirements: May require lifting and carrying of up to 20 kg, bending, twisting, kneeling, squatting
- Extensive use and operation of a vehicle.
Submit cover letter and resume, including references to:
Human Resources Manager
Big Lakes County
Box 239, High Prairie, AB T0G 1E0
Ph: 780-523-5955 Fx: 780-523-4227
Deadline for applications: Open until suitable candidate is found.
Big Lakes County thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.