Permanent Part Time
3 Days per Week
“Building a Sustainable Municipality”
Building - Through council’s leadership, building and diversifying Big Lakes County’s economy and strengthening the County’s role as a leader of rural municipalities.
Sustainable – Striving for sustainability in Big Lakes County by setting the stage for continued innovation, education, diversification and good government.
Municipality – Maintaining the rural landscape in Big Lakes County by protecting agricultural resources and significant natural environments for future generations.
The Family & Community Support Services Bus Driver will be responsible for providing transportation that would include seniors, those with disabilities and special needs with safety and dignity of passengers in mind. This position will report to the Family & Community Services Manager.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness both inside and outside of designated vehicle.
- Driving bus in a safe, professional manner treating all clients with respect and integrity.
- Pre-trip checks on bus.
- Assist passengers on and off bus.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding client information.
- Be punctual and dependable in picking up the client/clients at the scheduled time
- Collecting, recording and delivering trip fees.
- Communicating with passengers to arrange pick-ups and scheduling.
- Carry out routine checks to ensure safety of client at all times.
- Report all incidents or accidents to supervisor.
- Ensures maintenance schedule is followed for oil changes and other routine vehicle maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 / GED, plus some related experience.
- Criminal records check (RCMP) & Vulnerable sector check (Child & Family Services).
- Valid First Aid Certificate with CPR.
- Provide current 5-year drivers abstract.
- Valid Class 4 Drivers License.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- For instructional purposes, communication and for the safety of the client, must be able to read, write and understand basic English.
- Demonstrate compassion, empathy and patience.
- Demonstrate positive communication with residents, staff and public.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Must be friendly and patient with clients.
- Must be in good physical condition to provide assistance to individuals using mobility aids or wheelchairs.
- The ability to work alone.
- Good communications skills, written and verbal.
- The ability to organize and prioritize workload.
Health & Safety:
- All personnel working at Big Lakes County are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with County Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- You will be exposed to seasonal weather conditions, both inside and outside of the vehicle.
- Must follow all safe job procedures.
Submit cover letter and resume, including references to:
Eunice McCauley, Human Resources Manager
Big Lakes County
Box 239, High Prairie, AB T0G 1E0
Ph: 780-523-5955 Fx: 780-523-4227
Deadline for applications: Open until suitable candidate is found.
Big Lakes County thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Visit our website at www.biglakescounty.ca for more information.
Note: the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities require of the positions.