Through the Capital Project Grant, Big Lakes County provides a source of funds for eligible capital projects to be undertaken by community organizations that provide community services within the County.
This program is governed by Council Policy ADMIN-55 Grant Funding Policy.
Who can apply
- Community organizations who are a registered society within the province of Alberta;
- Community organizations who have a charitable status with the government of Canada;
What you need to apply
- A complete application form (link below);
- Current Financial Statements, signed by two executed officers, that have been approved by your organization at it's AGM;
- Most recent proof of filing;
- Annual General Meeting minutes, from the year you're applying;
- Signed grant agreement (in the application form);
- Current years association budget;
- Capital project budget and plan;
- Quotes/estimates for the equipment, materials, labor, etc. identified in the application. All estimates should be obtained locally;
Funds shall be used towards the following projects:
- Land or buildings;
- Facility/site construction, renovation or repair;
- Facility/site assessment, study, design, or construction documents to support the above projects;
What you need to know
- Late applications will not be accepted;
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding;
- Projects must be completed in accordance with the Safety Codes Act;
- Retroactive payments will not be made;
- Projects that benefit individuals and/or family groups are ineligible for funding;
- If you're unable to complete your project in the year it was approved, a request for extension must be submitted to the County by October 31;
- In the event of an emergency, a capital project application can be submitted in the same year funding is requested. Payments will not be made retroactively and the decision to fund is pending Council approval;
Big Lakes County may fund up to 50% of the total project cost(s). Funds will only be provided after an approved community organization completes a claim form.
October 31, 2019
For funding in 2020.