We know Big Lakes County grows innovative, hard-working students - so we wanted to make it easier for you to return back to your roots preceding post-secondary. Through the Return of Service Bursary Program, Big Lakes County hopes to incentivize post-secondary graduates originally from our County to return and provide their expertise in our diverse workforce. Council Policy ADMIN-58 governs this program.
Who can apply
- Big Lakes County students in grade twelve at the time of application; or
- Students registered or currently attending a post-secondary institution, who were residents of the County for at least one year preceding the start of their program.
- One award of $3,000 is available each year.
What you need to apply
- Proof of residency;
- Proof of enrollment;
- Two recommendations (recommenders have the option of uploading a letter straight to your application);
What you need to know
- Preference will be given to post-secondary students in their last year of studies or students enrolled in a specialty program like medicine or dentistry;
- Three months residency is required for each $500 of bursary support;
- If you weren't selected to receive the bursary, you could reapply for every year that you're enrolled in your program.
Deadline to apply is May 15, 2020.
Northern Alberta Development Council (NADC) Bursary Program
The NADC Bursary is a return service bursary of $6,000 per year for a maximum of two years and is offered to students in their final two years of post-secondary studies. It is meant to encourage students to train for jobs that are in demand in northern Alberta. To learn more about the NADC's bursaries, visit their website.
Applications are due April 30.
RMA Post-Secondary Scholarship Program
The RMA Scholarship Program is designed to encourage young rural Albertans to pursue further education, and thereby enhance the ability of these young people to make meaningful contributions to their communities in subsequent years. Through the Scholarship Program, RMA provides funding assistance to five rural students each year (one student in each of the five RMA geographic districts). To learn more about the RMA Scholarship, visit RMA's website.
Applications are due August 30.